Let us be honest, we all love talking about ourselves from time to time. I’ve enjoyed so much reading everyone’s bookish facts posts, that I decided to share mine! I love that, us readers, have a lot in common and at the same different quirks, So I’ve put together all of these 25 bookish facts so we can get to know each other a bit more!
1. I prefer to read at nighttime, before going to bed.
2. I love mass market paperbacks, there’s no particular reason for this, I just do!
3. My favorite romance trope is Enemies to Lovers, give me a book with this trope and it will be an instant must read of mine.
4. I prefer how paperbacks feel in my hands over hardbacks, and in general!
5. I can’t listen to music while reading. How can people concentrate!?
6. While I love reading, I don’t have any interest in writing. Unless is a blog post or a magazine article.
7. I don’t lend out my books if I can help it. I lent The Half-Blood Prince to a classmate years ago and never got it back. I’m scarred for life.
8. I seem to be incapable of buying a book just because of its cover. As much as we love good covers nothing can beat an amazing story!
9. I can read a contemporary romance in less than a day. Seriously, those are the best if you want to speed through your challenges.
10. When I start a series, I have to finish it, unless there are other books still to come out.
11. Believe it or not I don’t have a favorite genre. I like Fantasy, Thrillers, Mysteries, Romance, but I can’t seem to decide on one!
12. I read Harry Potter for the first time back in 2000 when I was 9, but it wasn’t until 2012 that I fully embraced this bookworm life.
13. My parents got me The Philosophers’s Stone for one of my birthdays, when I read the first page I decided I wasn’t interested (Hey, I was 8!) but I picked it up back again a year later and the rest was history.
14. I’ve read The Deathly Hallows 5 times. Unashamed.
15. I normally don’t do TBR’s. Maybe tentative ones.
16. My blog and I share the same birthday on November 21st!
17. I usually tend to analyze every single book I read, because of this reason is why I’m normally good a predicting what’s going to happen next in the story. I blame A Song of Ice and Fire for this.
18. I avoid reading challenges, I don’t like the pressure of having to read specifically something.
19. I watched The Order of Phoenix before reading the book, but I picked it up the day after.
20. For space reasons I don’t have a bookshelf, all my books are tucked in my closet, but I do have two white shelves for decorative purposes and I use them for book display.
21. I love having breakfast while watching Booktube! Ah, those fine mornings…
22. I’ve only listened to one audiobook and it was The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
23. I normally don’t snack or drink while reading, but once in a while I like to have some green tea.
24. I love reading big books, seriously, just ask my edition in spanish of A Dance With Dragons with 1180 pages.
25. My intended reading goal for 2016 is to read 70 books. 10 more books than last year, 30 books less than the year before.
And, yes I’m sneaking in another fact…
26. I love good illustrated covers, e.g. the new paperback cover for Armada, you should totally check it out!
There you go, what did you think? See any bookish fact we might share? Let’s talk about it below!
Also, I made a Pinterest account for the blog, where I’ll be repining all things bookish! You can follow my boards here or click on the image below.